Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Frustration

I am thankful the Lord is sovereign; no matter what happens on any election date. God is in control (Rom 8:28ff). I do believe we should take advantage of the privileges we have in this free country (voting, etc). My wife and I prayed yesterday that the nation would elect men who would be just and fair (and perhaps even uphold Biblical morality). I do not know if that happened yesterday but i am not sweating it, since like i said above, God is in complete control. (Yes, sometimes i need to remind myself of this truth alot).

I am frustrated though that Donald Rumsfeld resigned TODAY. (You can ask my wife) I've been asking for this very thing for the past few weeks. Rumsfeld should have resigned BEFORE the elections, NOT after them. They GOP could have given the dog a bone if you will... They would have saved (more than likely) a few seats in the house and preserved there senate majority.

This is not to argue that the war in Iraq is either right or wrong (that is not the point of this blog); I am arguing that President Bush should have humbly admitted that things have not been easy over there. Things have not gone as planned (or as predicted). Rumsfeld resignation would have shown some humility which i think was needed in order to save this election.

My old Greek teacher use to always say, "Just remember, God is neither a Democrat or a Republican." He is right. God's future Kingdom reign will be like nothing we've ever seen. I can not wait for that day! Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found these interesting words

I didn't used to think Christians had a moral responsibility to vote. And I still believe they have a right to opt out if they can't, in good conscience, vote for any of the candidates. But the results of yesterday's election are telling. It seems most Americans aren't satisfied with the current regime and want to see change. But are Democrats the type of change we need? For that matter is either current party really what our country needs? Both are arrogant. Both are filled with self-serving demi-gods. When will we, as a people, open our eyes to see humility and repentance are the need for the day, not more Democrats or Republicans. When the moral compass of your nation has been lost, it rarely matters whose at the helm. Until Christ is seated as King of kings and Lord of lords in our hearts and minds little else matters.

Posted by David McCrory

Caleb Kolstad said...

Mark-

I read in the INDY STAR yesterday that Bush thought the polls were way off. He assumed that the GOP would do ok on election day (thus he did not think any move BEFORE the election was necessary). He knows now that he was way wrong. The Democrats are in control of the house the senate the state levels (Governors) BUT ult. like you said the sovereign Creator is in control of IT ALL!

What a great period of history we live in.