Monday, February 19, 2007

I preached my guts out

Typically you would say, "I preached my heart out" but when you preach to a teen congregation you try and speak their language as much as you can w/o undermining the clarity, authority, and depth of the Scriptures.

I spent my last 3 days at Twin Lakes Camp with 4 of our teens, Nate Merrick, and my family. I was able to preach to about 180 teens on "Biblical Friendships and Relationships." I preached 4 times on "How to be a godly friend." "Avoiding ungodly friendships." "What to do when people you trust let you down?" What to do when friends you trust let you down?"

I had a wonderful time with our kids and the other teens as well. Thank you for your prayers!!

Caleb

2 comments:

Tacosix said...

hey caleb how are you doing I miss fbc am I still your right hand man well got to go bye carter

Caleb Kolstad said...

Carter you are still my right hand man!

Hope you are doing well. Stay in the Book!!!