Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sports Report: Yankees win! No big deal

I know this is a blog dedicated primarily to theology and the Word. But every once in a while one of these is ok. :)

Well my Atlanta Braves pulled off another amazing season. The team this season used approx. 19 rookies, all those pitchers went down; a 90 mill budget 1/2 that of the Yankees. Another division title. 14 in a row. GO Bravos. Bobby Cox will win another manager of the year award. This team should of been 10 games out and they win the NL East. If they lose in the playoffs this year it will not be a choke job but it will be disappointing none the less.

Yes the Yankees are WAY over-rated!!! 200 million dollar payroll teams SHOULD win the championship every season. It's a joke when they don’t.

I mean it would be like if a college team had 50 full-ride scholarships to use and all the other schools averaged only 20. WHAT would you expect? It's silly.

The Yankees are a joke. I don't bow down to the fact they have 20+ championships. To me MLB is silly. The Yankees should win the title this season......

I am not advocating a salary cap system like the NFL. They went a little overboard. It's nice for players to stay with one team for their entire career.

Steinbrenner can spend more money then other teams, but how much is too much? I would say when the league avg. is around 65 million bucks, 200 million is a LITTLE excessive. A-rod and his 25 million a year? Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson, Matsushi, etc. etc.

So once again I will enjoy cheering against the Yankees. There team symbolizes much of what's wrong with MLB baseball.

3 comments:

Caleb Kolstad said...

Well when you've lived in 5 states during your 25 short years you get that way. :)

Bears fan--> Since birth
Braves fan--> Since 1992
W. Badger fan--> Since birth
Penguins fan--> Since 1989
NBA--> I'm not a die hard fan of any team.

Caleb Kolstad said...

What a horrible sports weekend:

My badgers lost
My braves lost
My bears lost
My Penguins keep losing

and those Yankees pushed the series to 5 games.


I hate sports........

Caleb Kolstad said...

The Braves lost in 4 games. The last game went 18 innings.

But thankfully the Yanks LOST to the LA Angels. 200 Million Dollars down the tube. That is a CHOKE of all CHOKES.