Monday, June 11, 2007

Too busy to blog

When i get super busy this is one of the things that has to go... I do enjoy blogging and reading good theological blogs but i know it is not priority #1 for me. It's a busy season in the life of the church so please forgive me for not posting anything of substance in forever.

Have a wonderful week!


I found this insightful post on EVAN ALMIGHTY at http://www.reformedgeek.com/

"I knew the “church” had been duped into supporting Evan Almighty (the sequel to Bruce Almighty) by the way Christian bands had agreed to perform at the opening of the movie (post).
Now with around two weeks to go until the movie opens, the producers of the movie are really hitting the evangelical market hard. Thanks to Christianity Today, we have their latest cover being a four-page spread (front and back covers, inside and out) promoting the movie.
My deep frustration is why the “church” goes to so much effort to avoid the Biblical gospel. They will jump onto the latest bandwagon, with programs, movies etc, with so much zeal and confidence, except when it comes to 'Repent and believe…'" see link above for full story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CK,

I certainly will be coming down for VBS, and we are going to TRY to sign carter up to participate in it...

See you next week!
Joe

Caleb Kolstad said...

Carter needs to be here IF he is my right hand man?!?

CK

Tacosix said...

R U kidding me? I had no idea the "church" is supporting this pic. What a shame.

The first movie, which I did see, was downright blasphemous.

I won't be seeing this one, and I have already told the kids to enjoy the trailers because we won't be going to see this one.