Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day

I was able to preach this Sunday and last and i enjoyed every moment of it. It was about 6 months since i last preached on Sunday morning so this was a real blessing. Pastor Flatt is always gracious when he goes on vacation to let me fill his pulpit. The book of Jude has been coming alive for our people and i trust in doing so our sheep will become more proactive in there defense of the Truth (against errors).

My mom is visiting us right now and that has been so much fun. She lives in WA state (with my father). They have been married now for 33 years and are a real blessing to me and my family.

My sister is spending the summer with us and will be nannying for the Katterhenry triplets (6). Rebekah is going to be a Jr. at the Master's College next year. She is a Biblical Counseling major and a real gem.

My daughter Evelyn celebrated her first birthday last week. At 1 year old she is as cute as ever. What a blessing she is to all who come in contact with her. Happy Birthday little blue eyes. I trust you've been reading daddy's blog. :)

My wife Andrea is pregnant with our 2nd child. She is due in November. Andrea is a consistent example to me of Christ-likeness. She is a real servant who models Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 in her daily conduct. Her greatest passion in life is Christ and her chief domain is the home. Much of her extra energy is given to the church. Yes, i did out punt my coverage in marrying this woman.

Thanks to all those who served past and present on this Memorial Day! I am also grateful for those past Christian heroes who contended earnestly for the faith in the midst of apostasy and unbelief.

Blessings in Christ,
Caleb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CK...

Do you, by any chance have, have some pics of Evie you could send us? Tell her Happy Birthday! :-)

send them to my email...

J

Tacosix said...

This is Mark T...

Fred told me you did wonderful and are coming into your own as a fine preacher and teacher of the word. This is no surprise to me. Fred also said he thinks Pastor Flatt needs to give up the pulpit more often so you can gain the experience and further develop. I will pray about this as I know your passion...

In Him,
Mark T.

Caleb Kolstad said...

Joe,

I'll see what i can do. Evelyn says thank you very much!

Mark,

Thanks for the most gracious words. I do feel more at home with every opportunity i get. I don't see Pastor sharing the pulpit more than he already does on Sunday mornings; perhaps if they change the format on Sunday evenings down the road that will provide another avenue for young bucks like me to preach and teach the Word? I am most grateful for every opportunity Pastor Flatt gives me. I try and prepare as much as I possibly can in advance. Preaching God's Book is one of my great passions in life. In the mean time i am trying to learn as much as i can about pastoral oversight and pastoral administration. Please continue to pray for me and my family!

Take care Taco6

CK