Monday, March 08, 2010

What are you currently reading?

Most of my reading has to do with my current ministries at home and at First Baptist Church. I have been reading some of these books for many months. I tend to read alot of material at once and therefore don't finish some of the books for a long time.

Currently Reading
1. When People are Big & God is Small by Edward T. Welch
2. He is Not Silent: Preaching in a Postmodern World by Albert Mohler, Jr
3. Stop Dating the Church by Joshua Harris
4. Biblical Eldership by Alex Strauch
5. The Master's Plan for the Church by John MacArthur
6. The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott
7. 9 Marks of a Healthy Church by Mark Dever
8. 10 Questions to Diagnosing your Spiritual Health by D. Whitney
9. Pentecost Today? by Iain H. Murray
10. Numerous commentaries on Revelation by various authors

5 comments:

The Rios' said...

I get a few books going too at the same time which can take a while to finish. =)

1. A Body of Divinity by Thomas Watson
2. The Mischief of Sin by Thomas Watson
3. Robert Murray McCheyne by Andrew Bonar
4. The Institutes of the Christian Religion by Calvin
and I got that biography you suggested on William Carey. I am enjoying it. It is a very interesting read on his life. I haven't gotten yet to the part of the tragic ending of his wife. From what I have read so far he was a man that was very passionate about reaching the heathens for Christ. I could see where it would be easy for him to put missions before his family though.

Tacosix said...

I'd love to hear your take on Dever's 9 Marks...

Tacosix said...

How about Francis Chan? He has a book (and DVD) called "Crazy Love". Any thoughts?

Caleb Kolstad said...

Dever's book is really good. I would not agree with all of his application points but i would still highly recommend the book.

Francis Chan- I have not read the book. From reviews i read it seems like a safe book to read/study. I think their are better books that address the same topic.

My 2 cents worth-
CK

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Abner I am now reading The Gagging of God by D.A. Carson (might take me a bit to get through this one)
And i just finished CrossTalk by Emlet

-bekah