Monday, September 08, 2008

Postmodern theology

My friend at Expository Thoughts posted this...

In an interview yesterday on “Meet the Press,” Roman Catholic Joseph Biden said this about the abortion issue: “I’m prepared as a matter of faith to accept that life begins at the moment of conception. But that is my judgment. For me to impose that judgment on everyone else who is equally and maybe even more devout than I am seems to me is inappropriate in a pluralistic society.”

Can you imagine someone saying this about slavery in the 19th century? “I’m prepared as a matter of faith to accept that black people are created equal and should have the same rights as everyone else. But that is my judgment. For me to impose that judgment on everyone else who is equally and maybe even more devout than I am seems to me is inappropriate in a pluralistic society.”

No comments: