Friday, March 21, 2008

Reformation and Revival in Indy?!?

It is possible God might bring about a new reformation and revival in central Indiana. I say that because of the gifted Pastors I know of who are faithfully serving Christ at churches throughout the Indianapolis area.

I am an Associate Pastor at First Baptist Church (Carmel) and our Sr. Pastor has been faithfully preaching the Word of God for 34 years now. http://www.fbccarmel.com/ We have a wonderful church family here. Though i am currently looking to transition into a senior teaching pastor role in a new church setting, I rest easy knowing FBC remains in good hands.

My good friend Kirk Welch is the Sr. Pastor at Centennial Bible Church. CBC just recently hired a close friend of mine from So. California, Pastor Joe Penberthy. These two men love the Lord and are committed to proclaiming His truth. http://centennialbiblechurch.org/ Joey and I attended TMC and TMS together.

Three years ago I met another TMS graduate who serves the Lord Jesus Christ in Brownsburg, IN. Pastor Kirby Myers is a gifted preacher and has been serving the Lord at His current church for over 7 years now. http://www.biblechurchofbrownsburg.org/

Just recently, my friend Eric Bancroft took over at Castleview Baptist Church. Eric is a gifted preacher and a great discipleship leader. Eric was on staff at John MacArthur's church as the H.S. Pastor for many years. CBC is blessed to have Eric as there new Sr. Pastor. http://www.castleview.org/

Three weeks ago I met with Pastor Brian White and was encouraged to hear him share about his love for the Lord. I was also informed that College Park Church (in Indianapolis) hired a new Sr. Pastor from Holland, MI. Pastor Mark was recommended by Dr. Jim Grier and Dr. John Street so i would imagine he is a like-minded brother as well.

All that to say, this area has all the makings for true reformation and revival as lost souls are saved and as the saints become who they are in Christ.

2 comments:

Tacosix said...

CK,

Wonderful news! I learned of Pastor Mark Vrogop's recent hiring at College Park. We met Mark 5 years ago at a family camp...he is solid in his teaching. College Park will be blessed...

I tried to call you and left a message at home on Monday of this past week (17th). I know of a church in Nashville, IN (not TN) that is looking for a senior pastor. It is a small church, but loves the Lord and His Word. Perhaps at the very least you could fill in some Sunday's with their need for preaching / teaching. Give me a call and send me your resume if you are interested.

Bless you brother,

MT

Jim Kang said...

Hi Caleb,

This is Jim Kang, a fellow TMS alumnus. I don't know whether you remember me but we had several classes together.

Anyhow, I came across your blog today and just wanted to say hi.

By the way, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. How did you get involve with FIRE? And why? I'm looking into them for possible affiliation.

2. Where are you looking for possible senior position?

Please email me at jimkang2006@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you brother.

Jim Kang