Monday, January 14, 2008

Postseason Fun

It was a great weekend here in Indy. Besides quality time with my family and church friends I was able to enjoy some great football games. My Chicago Bears did not qualify for the postseason this year but I love the league especially during the playoffs.

Football was meant to be played outdoors…The classic snow game in Green Bay saw the continued resurgence of the living legend Brett Favre. The game in New England saw Mr. Tom Brady one up himself in a flawless game to top the well coached Jaguars.

Every team I cheered for won on Saturday and on Sunday…or maybe I should say every team I cheered against this weekend lost. It was great to see Peyton Manning go down Sunday. He once again failed to deliver a pass when his team needed one most. What’s Peyton’s career playoff record again??? Manning played a very good game but not a great game like Brady. Had Tom Brady thrown 2 INTS (like Manning did) New England would not have gotten by Jacksonville. The Jags played a great game and still lost.

The Colts on the other hand could not beat San Diego even though the Chargers were playing with an (average) backup QB during the 4th Qtr with the game on the line and with their team MVP (LT) injured on the sideline. It was another devastating loss for an underachieving franchise.

I did feel bad for the classiest coach in the league (Dungy), especially seeing this could be his last game as a Colt’s head coach. Tony Dungy is an example to everyone about how to lose a hard fought battle with class.

As much as don’t like Eli Manning, I had to cheer against Jerry Jones, TO, and Tony Simpson Romo. Romo is now 0-2 in the postseason but does have a bright career in front of him.

It looks like Tom Brady and Brett Favre will battle for this year’s Super Bowl trophy (MVP). If the Packer’s play like they did on Saturday they could beat New England. Of course if Tom Brady plays like he did on Saturday we should crown the Patriots right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the smack…we deserve it. I say, just give the Pats the trophy now and get it over with, and spare us the oozing pride and arrogance of the cheating and audulterers.



Dungy is probably done…



Manning will go down as a top 5 or 10 QB of all time; Brady will go down as a top 3 or 5 QB of all time…



Manning should win 1 or maybe 2 more SB’s before he is done; Brady may win 2-4 more SB’s…



The Colts need to find a way to be the #3 or #4 seed…we are 0-3 when we have a bye week seeded #1 or #2. Historically, the Colts don’t do well at all after a bye week whether regular season or post season…I blame this on coaching.



I will remain an adamant Colts team fan and not have “my team” and also “my player” just so I can conveniently revel in victory regardless of the circumstance, unlike some people…



I will root for Eli until they lose to the Packers…and then I will have top pull for the old man, Favre…



The Pats will likely win SB XLII and Brady or Moss will get MVP…and then much of the team will either retire or seek new contracts elsewhere.



The Bears will continue to struggle until they get a real QB…or finally decide to use Orton as a starter.