Monday, December 31, 2007

Are you ready for some (more) football?

Congratulations to Mr. Tom Brady for his MVP season in which he broke Manning’s season TD record! I was sure glad to see Mannings record go down. Since I moved to Indy almost 3 years ago I have had some fun debates over “who is the top QB in the NFL.” The argument for a long time was Manning has better regular season numbers but no ring. Brady has very good regular season numbers and amazing postseason numbers (3 championship rings). This year Brady looked like Manning in the regular season (4000+ yards and 50 TD’s). Manning put up great numbers as well...

Won’t it be strange if Manning plays great this year in the postseason and if Brady does not? It will be like years past but vice versa of course. Tom Brady is the still the guy I’d pick to lead my team in any big game. He is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. If only he were a Bear!

My Chicago Bears ended the season beating up on G.B. and New Orleans with a 3rd string Q.B. , GO figure?!? 2008 may be another great season for the Bears if we can find a reliable QB (McNabb), stay healthy, and get a consistent running attack. That's alot to wish for i know.

Since my favorite team is out of the playoffs here are the teams I will be pulling for (or against):

For
1. Titans
2. Chargers
3. Patriots
4. Jacksonville

Neutral
5. Washington
6. Packers
7. Tampa
8. Seahawks

Against
9. Dallas
10. New York Giants
11. Indianapolis
12. Pittsburgh


My little brother is a huge Titans fan. They are an overachieving team with an amazing coach. I doubt they will get by San Diego. The Jags are one team that could beat both Indy and New England. I really like their coach.

Obviously I can’t stand the Mannings (especially Manning the older). The Steelers franchise is one of the best (if not the best), but I don’t like them at all. I do like coach Tomlin much more than Bill Cower.

If any of teams listed above (1-8) win the championship I’d be content. I can’t believe Chicago is not playing in the postseason this year? How things can change in a year… Well for those of you who are TRUE team fans or NFL fans in general enjoy the postseason!

3 comments:

Tacosix said...

I am curious...why do you HATE the Manning's so much?

Caleb Kolstad said...

Eli and dad's pre-draft antics only added to my dislike of Manning the QB.

I have no idea how these guys really are off the field. So my dislike is really a FB thing.

CK

New England could lose to Jaxs if they dont play a good game.

I would like it if S.D. and Jaxs played in the AFC championship game but i think it will be Indy and New England again.

Caleb Kolstad said...

Indy and Pitt goes DOWN!

What a great postseason