Sunday, January 07, 2007

NFL Playoffs

The Bears are going to play Seattle next Sunday at 1pm. I am not too worried about Rex. Lovie has led our team wonderfully and the Bears are primed to make a run here in the playoffs. Let's GO Bears. I have not been so excited about the playoffs in a long, long time!!! The Bears have a great chance to make the Super Bowl this season. I just hope we can get out of the next round.

My Indy Colts friends experienced a strange thing on Saturday. Mr. "not so clutch" Manning threw 3 INTS (no huge surprise), but the defense looked like the Chicago Bears/Baltimore Ravens. Where has that been all season long? If the Colts D plays well and if Peyton overcomes his playoff nerves the Colts could unseat the Ravens. I would not mind a BEARS vs COLTS Super Bowl. That way all this talk could be settled on the field.

I have long debated that Tom Brady is the best QB (in the past 10 years). Manning has all the regular season numbers... But the PLAYOFFS is when the season really begins. I heard Troy Aikman say that again today. Will Peyton become the next Dan Fouts? The tragic part is that his game has not elevated when the stakes have been the highest. Tom Brady continues to be Mr. Cool (like Joe Montana). He is the "Magician." I don't care if NE goes down next week (it's all about the Bears for me), but Tom Brady is a stud. He is throwing to lousy receivers (def. not two pro-bowlers like Manning) but he is still a better Playoff QB. Stats and Wins don't lie in the playoffs.

GO BEARS!

No comments: