Friday, July 14, 2006

New Book

Today is my "off" day. Pastor Flatt now gives us Friday and Saturday off! I am reading "Paul: in Fresh Perspective" by N.T. Wright because i am doing a lecture at FBC on the New Perspective next Sunday night. I would rather read other material but i want to read more original source stuff before i offer a critique.

Most Fridays i have work to catch up on anyways but atleast now i can do it from home!

Last Sunday night i lectured on Hermeneutics. Any thoughts on how it went from you who heard it (www.fbccarmel.com)?

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Caleb Kolstad said...

Mark,

Pastor Flatt will be lecturing on the Purpose Driven movement this Sunday PM...I will be speaking on the New Perspective the following week. 30 minutes is the tough part.

Lauren,

I'm with you. Even in seminary we only had one hermeneutics class. I thought we needed atleast one more. I guess we did cover these principles in our exegesis classes though... I'm glad my lecture was helpful and clear.

Bekah anne,

We do need to be careful not to turn commentaries into crutches BUT many people use this argument in appropriate ways. I believe the argument is ignorant (at best) and prideful (at worst).

Historical illumination is very valuable (just not binding)! I talked about this some in my lecture.