Saturday, May 27, 2006

What are you currently reading?

Most of my reading time takes place at home after work/ministry. What are you currently reading (outside the Bible)? How have you enjoyed those books? What did you learn? etc...

Books I am currently reading:

1. No Place for the Truth (by David F. Wells).
2. The Cross and Christian Ministry (by D.A. Carson).
3. Women's Ministry in the Local Church (by Ligon Duncan)
4. Knowing God (By J.I. Packer)
5. The Holiness of God (by R.C. Sproul)
6. Growing Up Christian (by Paul Graustein)

My study through Knowing God has been VERY refreshing. Theology Proper is so crucial to maintaining a healthy relationship with the Father.

The Holiness of God (my first time reading it) has been really convicting. I bring God way down way too often. Thankfully He is not like me in SOO many ways.

No Place for Truth has been a long but very good read. If you love history and evangelical theology this is a must read. It has been very insightful as i seek to better understand the modern culture as well as the Church.

Women's Ministry in the Local Church has been ok. It is way too "Covenantal" (in really to many places)... Their are some really great thoughts scattered throughout the book but all in all it has not been one of my favorite books on the subject.

The Cross and Christian Ministry has been a good challange to me in many ways. Honestly i have not made my way very far in this book so more to come

No comments: