Friday, April 21, 2006

Birthday reflections

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday. Today my wife and i celebrated it in glorious fashion. I love spending 1 on 1 time at home with my beloved wife so that's pretty much what we did (yes i'm a home-body).

My parents sent me a b-day package which included the 2006 Shepherd's Conference sermons. I was hoping to put together a gift my wife gave me while listening to a Steve Lawson sermon...suffice to say the project never happened. One of the signs of a great sermon is you can't multitask while listening to it. I have tried to do that a number of times with John MacArthur sermons only to find myself taking notes with my Bible wide open. The other sign of a great sermon is when you've heard it before yet it's so good it seems like the first time. Steve Lawson preached a great sermon on the centrality of preaching. I also listened to Pastor MacArthur's sermon on the Church. Both were great expositions. I've listened to most of the Ligonier cds now and look forward to working my way through the Shepherd's conference cds.

On April 30th i will be continuing my series from Jude. This will be my 4th sermon and i will be preaching on Jude 4 (Why we must fight).

Blessings to you all

3 comments:

Caleb Kolstad said...

Vidal,

I did not know you were a blogger. I think everyone and their brother has a site these days. I dont waste much time posting my thoughts since their are so many more able people out there.

I look forward to your visit. Jude 4 is flowing through my vains... I hope for grace to deliver it in a Christ exalting way.

I was able to listen to 5 cds thus far and all have been stellar. We get to hear 7 sessions by the great men of the faith today (MacArthur, Sproul, Piper, Mohler, CJ, Dever, and Duncan)!

See you soon

Caleb Kolstad said...

Lauren,

We look forward to your homecoming!

See you soon.

Caleb and Andrea

Caleb Kolstad said...

Mr Choo-

How do you do? I miss you brother! The Midwest is treating us fine. Andrea is due with our first baby (girl) in 2 weeks.

Ministry has been stretching but good. Where are you at?

CK