Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why don't I blog more often?

Why don't I blog more often? That is a good question. Here is my short answer to a very fair question.

1. The primary reason is that each and every week my main writing project is the Sunday morning sermon. In total 15+ hours are spent trying to craft sermons from Biblical texts that will be doxological, edifying, and convicting. I normally don't have time to edit down the sermon manuscripts into helpful blog posts. My primary ministry is to my family and my church family.

2. I also have 2 children under 3 (Evelyn and Jude) with a third baby on the way (due date is Jan 15). Funny story. As i finished writing this blog my daughter brought me a broken glass. "Here dad!" As you well know, trying to be a good father and a loving husband requires lots of time.

3. When i do have spare time I am typically quite tired. Surfing the net, doing home improvement tasks, watching sports with my wife, reading a good book, or something like this normally takes precedence over blogging.

4. These days their are a million blogs out there to read. My personal favorites are Pyromanics and Albertmohler.com Some of these Christian blogs are very helpful and instructive. Plus my readership is quite modest.

No comments: