Friday, May 16, 2008

The Church God loves to Bless (pt 3)

The inner three had an encounter with God on the Mount of Transfiguration (Henry Blackaby would be very impressed with this experience). We don’t have time to go into the details of what happened here other then mentioning it was an event no believer would ever forget. On that mountain Jesus revealed a special manifestation of His incarnate glory and the God of the universe spoke audibly. It was a true mountain top experience (note 2 Peter 1:17-21).

Peter says I experienced the ultimate experience but I have something to tell you. “We have something more certain then even that. We have the prophetic word made more sure.” Scripture is more certain than an eye witness encounter with Jesus on a mountaintop.

My point dear friends is that in the Scriptures we have the very words of God. They’ve been faithfully preserved for us in 1 Book…the Bible.

Is it any wonder why God calls us to preach, teach, study, memorize, meditate, examine, and immerse ourselves in this Book? Let me summarize everything I just said like this: Every church ministry must come under the authority and sufficiency of God’s Word! Children’s ministries, teen ministries, Ladies Bible Study, the churches doctrinal statement, the music ministry, the pulpit ministry, the deacon board, the mission board, the elder board, the churches’ counseling ministry….Then, and only then, will God pour out His abundant blessings upon a church!

This thought is perhaps captured best in Isaiah 55:10-11,“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."

I am a Pastor wholly committed to Bible because I believe God knows better than anyone else what His sheep really need!!!

No comments: