Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Healthy Praise


One of the things we take for granted most often is good health. After I did a summer internship at USC medical center I realized why people say, “Health is the first wealth.” In reality, good health is a wonderful gift from the Lord. Not all people are blessed with it.

The past few weeks have been pretty rough for us. Evelyn (our 2 year old) has had pink eye, an ear infection, and the flu. Our 5 month old son has had pink eye, an ear infection, and chicken pox. Last night I realized rather quickly that I had a case of “food poisoning.” Thankful the one taking care of everyone (Andrea) has remained healthy.

On Sunday night I preached a sermon from Psalm 57 called, “How to Cultivate a Worshipful Heart in the Midst of any Affliction.” The 3 principles that I gleaned from the text were 1. Invite the grace of God in your life (v. 1). 2. Embrace the providence of God over your life (vv. 2-6). 4. Worship the Character of God with your life (vv 7f).

A true saint will ask God for the faith to worship Him even when things in life are tough. That is what Andrea and I have been praying for lately. God is good and worthy to be praised!

No comments: