Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Master's Seminary

TMS???
It is healthy for all of us to acknowledge the short-comings in our own lives, in our own local churches, and even at our own alumni seminaries. This (TMS) blog site has been doing a lot of this lately. We have been pretty hard on our school.

I’m going to share a story that I think beautifully illustrates the leadership our school is blessed to have. The Master’s Seminary, in many ways, is really shaped by the influence and direction of three men: Dr. MacArthur, Dr. Mayhue and Dr. Busenitz. I praise God for bringing these men together to lead our great seminary.

My dad was called to FT ministry late in his life. Yet when God decided to call him, my Dad did not hesitate to obey. He moved our family of 6 from a small city in Wisconsin to the evil city of Los Angeles. :) It was an enormous step of faith on my parents end yet God was faithful every step of the way (Joshua 1:9).

When our huge U-Haul trucked into L.A. we received notification that the seminary students who were scheduled to move us in were not able to help us out anymore. Yet in God’s amazing providence He provided. Dr. Busenitz, Karen, and his two sons came over and helped us move in all our stuff. Dr. Busenitz, the Dean of Students, rolled up his sleeves to serve his students. He left his Th.D at the door and helped a family in need of assistance.

These are the type of men TMS has leading the school. Servant-leaders who truly love the Church; Gifted men who’d die for the truth; Men of integrity.

Yet Pastor Begg reminds us, “The best of men are still men at best.” The faculty at TMS is fallible and may on occasion make some big mistakes. The school is definitely not perfect (I believe more of that has to do with the student body then the faculty). Men like me, don't do very much to help the reputation of a fine institution.


All I know is that, warts included, the Master’s Seminary is the finest Bible institution that I know of. I thank God every day for allowing a loose-canon like me the opportunity to study at TMS.

No comments: